Medical Record Review and Summary
Medical Record Review & Summary Advantages:
Medical Billing Analysts are happy to announce its newest partnership with Trivent Legal to provide Medical Record Review and Summaries to the legal community. A forerunner in providing medical legal services, Trivents’ team of highly skilled medical experts have developed considerable experience in probing into the medical records of a huge number of cases in the areas of Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Mass Tort. These medical experts organize and review digital files creating medical summaries, chronologies, medical opinions for medical malpractice cases, mass tort evaluations, draft effective settlement demand letters tailored to your needs and perform other medical legal tasks saving you time and money!
Advantages of Medical Record Review and Summary:
- Superior cost-effective alternative – $35.00 per hour
- Express service in medical review – 2 to 3 week turnaround
- Medical Opinion from our physicians – $75.00 per hour
- Mass Tort Screening
- Special Reports
- Medical Billing Summary
- An expense to the file
- A secured file transfer
Description of Services:
Medical Chronologies are a record of medical events in the order of their occurrence. This involves reading through hundreds of pages of medical records to identify, locate, review and interpret relevant information. We summarize, highlight legally and medically noteworthy points that are pivotal instruments at various stages of the case discovery process.
- Focused, condensed and precise
- Non-biased, fact based and insightful
- Easy to read and interpret
- Can be customized to meet your needs
- Missing records are identified and communicated
- Additional reports highlighting specific areas of interest such as Pain Charts, Lab reports, etc
Medical Opinions involve reviewing the medical documents including the medical summary of a patient and figuring out if there is negligence/malpractice involved in the standard of care given to that patient. Our physicians give an opinion on the medical case with valid reasoning and inferences in a question and answer format. In order to simplify medical jargon, we also present this data in a way that a non-medical person could understand, along with references from standard medical books or literature.
The purpose of the Demand Letter is to present facts about the accident with the intent of persuading the insurance adjuster to provide adequate compensation.
- Summary of facts describing the incident
- Detailed description of injuries, pain and suffering
- Statement of medical treatments and list of medical expenses and bills
- Discussion and confirmation of accident liability
- Lost income statements
- Injury settlement demand amount
We summarize hours of deposition testimony into a concise summary that can save hours of an attorneys’ time and thousands of dollars in legal fees. The Summary also directs the attorney to the case focus areas and accurately records dates, figures, names and exhibits as well as giving a record of key events and actions.
Medical Synopsis is a concise and informative overview of the claimant’s medical history. Attorneys often have a lot of medical records but lack time and exposure. Attorneys can use the Medical Synopsis we provide to learn what happened to the patient and what the merit of the case is. You will get an idea of how to proceed with the case without losing any time on it.
Our team of physicians and medical specialists can prepare a running summary of the claimant’s medical history in a narrative format. Similar to chronologies, our Narrative Summaries briefly capture and highlight all the major events that define the course of a case including, diagnostic procedures, office visits and consultations, therapy visits and other pertinent medical records in a chronological order. The Narrative Summary will focus on all the injuries sustained due to the accident and the pre-existing injuries that were aggravated due to the accident. The pre-existing conditions related to the case focus will be captured briefly. We generally don’t include normal findings in our narrative summaries but may be captured if the case focus requires it.
- The Pain Medication Chart
The Pain Medication Chart highlights the fact that the plaintiff has been prescribed medication to relieve pain, inflammation, or other injury symptoms which may help to convince the defendant or insurance adjuster that the injuries are serious. The chart can also help an attorney determine whether the patient has suffered any injury due to pain medication overdose. The Pain Medication Chart describes the following parameters:
- For what conditions were pain medications used?
- What are the types of pain medication prescribed, and by whom were they prescribed?
- What is the dosage of various pain medications?
- Did the pain medication have any adverse effect on the patient?
- Pain and Suffering Chart
The Pain and suffering chart contains the date, provider/prescribing provider, chief complaints, and location of pain, pain scale, pain medications, assessment/plan, prognosis and PDF/Bates reference.
- Graphical Timeline/Timeline coversheet
A timeline is a graphical representation of a chronological sequence of events. We are particular about capturing all the important events in a chronology. We include components like event name, start date, start/end time, end date and category in the chart.
- Billing Summary
Medical bills are sorted in chronological order and expenses are recorded in a separate spreadsheet which includes the details like the date of treatment, types of treatment rendered and expenses incurred. The patient’s expenses for all services rendered by every health care provider are also captured. Billing summary/expenses sheets summarize all the bills for a particular patient, containing:
- The details of the bill/visit
- The amount spent
- A mention if it is concerning the case or not (if required)
- Total Sum
- Exhibit of the bills
Mass Tort Screening
The case screening process identifies those cases that you may want to pursue based on criteria that we identify for you. It involves screening the case based on the presence of influential factors like product usage and product-related complications or injuries. This helps you identify the potential cases based on a set of parameters in a Class Action suit. Our case screening spreadsheets help attorneys make the right decision about accepting or rejecting a case.
Features of Case Screening
- Screening Case for Merit: From an unbiased view, Trivent’s physicians will help you gauge and analyze the probability factors in a case that has the potential for a positive or negative outcome.
- One stop for all: We provide the convenience of addressing all plaintiffs in a particular case in a single spreadsheet, keeping in mind the differing criteria. Acting as a precursor, it allows you to narrow down cases for preparation of a Chronology.
- Decisive Parameters: The parameters are set based on the unique governing factors of a Class Action case set by the FDA/judicial council for each device or drug litigation. All these parameters are taken into consideration and analyzed to come to a decision as to whether a case has merit or not.
- Hotlinks to critical records: Product IDS or critical medical records like operative reports are hyperlinked to the spreadsheet for ease of reference.
Additional services to aid you in reviewing medical records such as Bookmarks, Hot Links and PDF Sorters are available.
Bookmarks are PDF document navigational tools that allow the reader to quickly locate and link to the points of interest within the medical record. They can be prepared in user-defined categories such as providers, record type and dates, allowing easy file access.
- Record Type Bookmark: The entire batch of medical records will be merged together and chronological bookmarks will be created for each record type, i.e. Progress Notes, Nursing Notes and Wound Assessment Records.
- Provider Wise Bookmark: The records will be bookmarked by Provider (i.e. Provider A, Provider B etc.) and each provider will be bookmarked chronologically by record type.
- Chronological Bookmark: The entire set of medical records will be bookmarked as per date irrespective of provider.
Hot Links allow for instant navigation from summaries and timelines to the corresponding source page. This increases efficiency and accuracy of locating the original records. This service is available only in PDF version. Clicking the references in the hot linked document will take you to the corresponding page in the medical records.
Call 1-800-292-1919 or email Joan@medicalbillinganalysts.com for additional information on Medical Record Review and Summary.
Medical Billing Analysts – Trusted Experts. Accurate Results.